River Aquarium Monumental Waterfalls
Zaragoza River Aquarium, one of the three thematic pavilions of Expo Zaragoza 2008, is the largest in Europe and one of the largest in the world. It has 8,000 m2 of which 3,400 m2 are expository. In its 60 tanks are housed over 1,200 animals of over 120 species of river fauna characteristic of each of the five rivers represented: Nile, Mekong, Amazon, Murray-Darling and the Ebro.
The monumental waterfalls pouring from the facades of 15 m in height are the biggest made in a building. All water engineering for these impressive waterfalls was made by Lumiartecnia Internacional.
- Project : River Aquarium Waterfalls, Zaragoza, Spain
- Project Team: Lumiartecnia Internacional, Álvaro Planchuelo, FCC, ExpoZaragoza2008
- Architect Studio : Álvaro Planchuelo
- Water Engineering : Lumiartecnia Internacional
- Client : ExpoZaragoza 2008